Last Updated: September 13, 2018
Who We Are and Who You Are
“We” are PowerHub, a provider of comprehensive and sophisticated asset intelligence software. Our registered corporate address is 2 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 1700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4V 1V8.
PowerHub customers are organizations that use our Platform. In using PowerHub, administrators from an organization can invite others onto our Platform by providing their emails. The consensual sharing of information required to invite others onto PowerHub is the sole choice and responsibility of these customer organizations and their administrators.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you that we require to run our business and tailor our product to your needs. Specifically, we collect the following personal data:
- Information you provide. When you register with us to use our software, or are registered by an organization as a user of our software, we collect information that identifies you—such as your name, professional email address, professional mailing address and professional contact information.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you choose to provide to us, such as identifying information for colleagues, business partners, vendors and other stakeholders.
We also collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Platform to make the use of our services better and easier.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us.
- Cookies. When you visit our Website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to make your online experience better. Cookies are small bits of information sent from our web server to your computer and stored on your computer. PowerHub uses many different cookies (read this article for a comprehensive breakdown of specific cookies), such as cookies for session management (“session cookies”), so that users can remain logged in as they navigate the PowerHub Platform.
- Declining cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose to modify this setting and decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you will not be able to use the PowerHub Platform as your browser will not recognize that you have logged in and no session has tracked that you are a valid PowerHub user. As such, you will keep being redirected to the log-in page. You may clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
- Other Technologies. PowerHub does not use other tools, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to further track your use of our Platform.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect about you only to the extent necessary to run our business and to deliver our software and services. In particular, we use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer success and customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection, and
- respond to subpoenas, court orders, other requests from law enforcement and/or government agencies, and as otherwise required by law.
Please review details about accessing your information and your choices about the information you provide below.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may share your personal data with:
- your organization;
- third parties we engage with to assist in providing our professional services, such as lawyers, other professional services firms, IT and other consultants, public relations advisers, translators and/or couriers;
- our own internal team, where appropriate; and/or
- courts and other authorities in connection with the enforcement or defence of legal rights and provision of our professional services.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have an account with us, you can review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. You may also close your account (and remove any of your information) at any time.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
You can restrict information shared by you, about you or to you on PowerHub, in these ways:
- You can limit the access that others have to information that you provide—about projects, documents and tasks, for example—on the PowerHub Platform (by giving them no right to view, right to view, right to contribute, right to manage and right to own).
- At any time, you can also choose to delete the projects, tasks and other information on the PowerHub Platform that you have control over. PowerHub considers this a “soft delete,” and will keep this information on its servers until they are legally required to be erased. If you want to “hard delete” this or other information from our servers, contact us to do so. It may take us 2-4 weeks to process this request.
- At any time, you can choose to contact us and delete your account and/or any information provided by you that we have on file. It may take us 2-4 weeks to process this request.
- After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in, use our services, or access any of your personal information on our Platform. However, you can be invited back onto PowerHub and open a new account at any time. If you close your account, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for a variety of reasons. If you have any questions or concerns about your information, contact us.
- We may send you transactional and other e-mail communications that we deem important to PowerHub users—such as updates or notices—without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. While you can choose to delete your account, change your email or request not to receive communications, these actions will only affect future activities.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about PowerHub’s use of your information. The contact information for many of these authorities can be found here. You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in Canada or the United States Federal Trade Commission.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and administrative safeguards) to protect your information. It’s important to note that no system on the internet can absolutely guarantee security, and that individual users and their organizations need to also take measures to secure their data and protect personal information.
Our Website and Platform are not intended for and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
2 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V 1V8
©2018 PowerHub Inc. All rights reserved.